- gain knowledge about different types of post mortem examination
- understand what happens at a paediatric post mortem
- increase confidence in talking to bereaved parents about post mortem examination
- explore the issues around retaining tissue
- get a clearer understanding of the need for consent
- update knowledge of current research projects and Human Tissue Authority guidance.
Who should attend?
For professionals whose work involves helping bereaved families around the time of death, including doctors, nurses, midwives, mortuary and pathology staff, police and coroner’s officers and all those working in a bereavement support role within the NHS.
“I’ve gained communication skills and feel more confident to have honest, informed communication with families.”
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.