Giving your time to us as a volunteer is an enormous help – quite simply volunteers make our organisation work! Below, we’ve listed some current opportunities in our teams.
Fundraising and Communications
- join a local fundraising group
- organise your own fundraising event
- help out at our events
- help with office admin or writing funding applications
- talk to our supporters over the phone
Plus much more! Just give us a call on 01494 569048 for a chat and we can take it from there.
Our telephone support and information service is reinforced by a team of regular volunteers who answer calls from families and professionals. We also have a team of volunteers working in our family support programme. As you will understand all staff and volunteers working with children requires significant training and DBS checks which we will provide for free.
Young People’s Advisory Group (YPAG) Sessions
Where: Child Bereavement UK centres around the country
When: 5pm – 8pm on Thursdays from October through to May
Roles: The Young People’s Advisory Group meet regularly at our offices during school term time. We are looking for volunteers who are able to offer support, enjoy working with young people and joining in their activities. All volunteers will be asked for references and an enhanced DBS check.
Contact: email@example.com / 01494 568 900
If you are a senior manager or have relevant expertise that might help us, and you think you might be able to give regular time as a mentor or adviser to our management team, please let us know.
Become a volunteer
Here are volunteer openings currently available:
Closing Date: 1st December
Closing Date: 1st December
Closing Date: 31st December
- 1st December 7pm – 9pm. Volunteers required for bucket collections for the Amersham Round Table Santa Float around the Copperkins Lane area. Contact Linda Bliss 01494 569048.
- 15th December 5:45pm – 8pm. Volunteers required in Downley for bucket collections for the High Wycombe Lions Santa Sleigh. Contact Linda Bliss 01494 569048.
- 16th December 10am – 2pm. Volunteers required for bucket collections and bag packing at Marks & Spencer High Wycombe. Contact Linda Bliss 01494 569048.
Read an account of what it is like from one of our volunteers in Volunteer Q&A – Alex.
The first step to becoming a volunteer is easy, we are very flexible and can accommodate to your time and interests. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01494 568 900.
“They are always welcoming and always happy to see me, and I am always happy to see them”
“As a volunteer, you can work as many hours as you like. As well as helping the charity to complete administrative tasks, it also adds to your CV…”