Child Bereavement UK has an extensive range of information sheets and other resources available to a secondary school when supporting a bereaved pupil.
Hover over the topic and you will be able to click on the link to find out more.
Schools’ Information Pack:
- Supporting a bereaved pupil
- Children’s understanding of death
- What helps grieving children and young people
- When someone special dies – young people
- Understanding grieving teenagers
- When someone special dies – young people leaflet
- When your partner has died: supporting your children
- Explaining funerals, burial and cremation to children
- After the event – supporting children after a frightening event
- Books and Resources for staff
Resources, books, lesson plans and training:
- Example of a secondary school bereavement policy and assembly.
- Example of a secondary bereavement policy for schools in Scotland.
- Elephant’s Tea Party provides lower secondary professionals with two Lesson Plans and numerous activities to help equip all children, whether bereaved or not, with the tools to cope with loss and bereavement, now or in later life. Sign up now for your resource pack via www.elephantsteaparty.co.uk
- Cross-curricular activities – for example: English Literature, History, Music
- FREE young people’s app – This app has been created by a group of young people working with Child Bereavement UK. The app supports young people (11-25 years) who have been bereaved of a significant person in their life, and also friends, teachers, parents and/or professionals who would like to know how to support bereaved young people. The app has information about bereavement, grief, feelings and how others can help.
- Whole school award-winning online learning: supporting bereaved pupils – training for the whole school to complete an online bereavement course (approximately 1-1.5 hours) to improve their confidence, knowledge, understanding around bereavement.
- Pastoral Support Key stage 3 – Young people Fink cards – specially developed thought-provoking question cards around the subjects of Loss and Change that have been designed to get people talking by creating great conversations.
- Books and resources: Key Stage 3, Key Stage 4 and Staff.
- Short videos created by bereaved young people for teachers, parents and friends:
- Staff training and support: We have information about self-care awareness and training around bereavement in the workplace we do also offer training courses for professionals supporting children and young people, and cover a broad range of bereavement topics.
- Child Bereavement UK shop: See the shop to purchase publications and resources.
If you need any further support and information please ring our helpline on:
0800 02 888 40