Child Bereavement UK has an extensive range of information sheets, leaflets, books and resources available for an Early years setting when supporting a bereaved pupil.
Hover over the topic and you will be able to click on the link to find more.
Schools’ Information Pack:
- Supporting a bereaved pupil
- Children’s understanding of death
- Explaining to young children that someone has died
- Building resilience in bereaved children
- What helps grieving children and young people
- Supporting bereaved children under 5 years of age
- When your partner has died: supporting your children
- When a grandparent dies: the impact on children and young people
- Viewing a body with a child
- Explaining funerals, burial and cremation to children
- Practical ideas to support children and young people in school
- Death of a baby – a particular sort of grief
- Explaining miscarriage, stillbirth or the death of a newborn baby to young children
- Special babies, special care
- Saying goodbye to your baby or child
Resources, books, lesson plans and training:
- Example of an early years bereavement policy and assembly.
- Example of a nursery/primary bereavement policy for schools in Scotland.
- Elephant’s Tea Party provides Early Years/Primary teachers with lesson plans they can use to begin to equip all children, whether bereaved or not, with the tools to help them cope with loss and bereavement, now or in later life. Sign up now for your resource pack via www.elephantsteaparty.co.uk
- Cross-curricular Ideas – for example: English Literature, History, Music.
- Pastoral Support- Key Stage 1 Fink cards – specially developed thought-provoking question cards around the subjects of Loss and Change; these have been designed to get people talking by creating great conversations.
- Staff training and support: We have information about self-care awareness and training around bereavement in the workplace we do also offer training courses for professionals supporting children and young people, and cover a broad range of bereavement topics.
- Child Bereavement UK shop: See the shop to purchase publications and resources.
If you need any further support and information please ring our help line on:
0800 02 888 40 / 01494 568 900