Working with bereaved teenagersMay 3, 2019 10:00 am 03/05/2019
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Understand more about teenagers’ responses to grief to help you communicate with them and provide appropriate support.
- explore the world of the teenager and develop a deeper understanding of the struggles teenagers face
- gain an understanding of the theories of loss and mourning in relation to teenagers
- recognise the diverse needs of bereaved teenagers
- explore our own experiences of loss and how it impacts on us when we observe the grief of others
- identify ways to encourage emotional literacy in adolescents
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend
This training is for all professionals who encounter bereaved teenagers in the course of their work, whether in the statutory or voluntary sector.
£50. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch. We would like to thank the Scottish Government for supporting this training day, and also Strathcarron Hospice for providing the training venue for this workshop.
Book your place
We encourage prospective participants to consider their own experience of loss and how it might affect them during training. Generally speaking, our training is not usually suited to anyone who has suffered a recent, significant personal loss or bereavement.
You can also keep up-to-date with this event by visiting our facebook event page.
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
“The training will help me to engage more confidentiality with bereaved teenagers. It will also be of great benefit in facilitating my role as one of the teachers involved in working with young carers within the school community.” Secondary School Teacher
Keep in touch
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.