Working with bereaved children and young people in fractured familiesJune 26, 2018 10:00 am 26/06/2018
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- gain further understanding of how children and young people grieve
- understand the impact of family breakdown as a result of death or sudden death
- explore therapeutic approaches in bereavement and separated or fractured family systems
- consider ways of supporting children who move into temporary or permanent care
- explore how to communicate in a multi-agency framework and promote joint working
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend?
Suitable for all professionals who work with and/or offer therapeutic services to bereaved children and young people in the course of their work, whether in the statutory or voluntary sector.
Middlesbrough Football Club
These tickets have been reduced from £120 to £50 per delegate, thanks to bursary funding received. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch.
Book your place
We encourage prospective participants to consider their own experience of loss and how it might affect them during training. Generally speaking, our training is not usually suited to anyone who has suffered a recent, significant personal loss or bereavement.
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
“The day has enabled me to work with more empathy and understanding of the difficulties facing fractured families.” Course delegate
You can also keep up-to-date with this event by visiting our facebook event page.
Keep in touch
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.