Working with bereaved teenagersSeptember 28, 2017 10:00 am 28/09/2017
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- explore the world of the teenager and develop a deeper understanding of the struggles teenagers face
- gain an understanding of the theories of loss and mourning in relation to teenagers
- recognise the diverse needs of bereaved teenagers
- explore our own experiences of loss and how it impacts on us when we observe the grief of others
- identify ways to encourage emotional literacy in adolescents
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend
This training is for all professionals who come into contact with bereaved teenagers in the course of their work, whether in the statutory or voluntary sector.
Carnegie Conference Centre
£45. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch. We would like to thank the Scottish Government for supporting this training day.
Book your place
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
“I hope to carry the information gathered into my job working with teenagers.” Course delegate
You can also keep up-to-date with this event by visiting our facebook event page.
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.