Working with bereaved teenagersFebruary 9, 2018 10:00 am 09/02/2018
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
This day is now fully booked, thank you for your interest. If you have a number of colleagues looking for this training, we can deliver a bespoke training day on this topic in your organisation, please get in touch to discuss your needs.
If you were interested in attending this type of training, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.
Understand more about teenagers’ responses to grief to help you communicate with them and provide appropriate support.
- explore the world of the teenager and develop a deeper understanding of the struggles teenagers face
- gain an understanding of the theories of loss and mourning in relation to teenagers
- recognise the diverse needs of bereaved teenagers
- explore our own experiences of loss and how it impacts on us when we observe the grief of others
- identify ways to encourage emotional literacy in adolescents
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend
This training is for all professionals who encounter bereaved teenagers in the course of their work, whether in the statutory or voluntary sector.
Child Bereavement UK
Stratford Advice Arcade
107-109 The Grove
Thanks to the support of The Eranda Rothschild Foundation, all remaining places on this course date have been reduced to £60 from £120. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch.
Book your place
This day is now fully booked
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
“I feel that this has enabled me to feel more confident when working with teens dealing with bereavement. It was good to hear the experiences of others in the group.” Family support worker – children’s hospice
You can also keep up-to-date with this event by visiting our facebook event page.
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.