When a child dies – supporting parents and familiesNovember 7, 2018 10:00 am 07/11/2018
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Explore the impact of the death of a child on a family and build your confidence and skills when communicating with and supporting grieving families.
- explore and develop self-awareness in relation to loss
- recognise physical and emotional reactions to loss
- identify the potential impact on a couple’s relationship
- explore women’s and men’s behaviours in grief
- gain an understanding of how to enhance the care and support offered to all members of the grieving family,
- including siblings and grandparents
- relate theories of grief to practices in the workplace
- explore and experience ways to support ourselves and our colleagues
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend?
For all those whose work brings them into contact with families grieving the death of their child.
St Oswald’s Hospice
Newcastle upon Tyne
£90. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch. Thanks to St Oswald’s Hospice for providing the training venue for this workshop.
Book your place
We encourage prospective participants to consider their own experience of loss and how it might affect them during training. Generally speaking, our training is not usually suited to anyone who has suffered a recent, significant personal loss or bereavement.
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
“I found this day incredibly helpful and it has given me the confidence to go back to my job with more knowledge about how to support bereaved families.” Information and Support Officer
You can also keep up-to-date with this event by visiting our facebook event page.
Keep in touch
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.