Understanding traumatic bereavementDecember 6, 2017 10:00 am 06/12/2017
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
This day is now fully booked, thank you for your interest. If you have a number of colleagues looking for this training, we can deliver a bespoke training day on this topic in your organisation, please get in touch to discuss your needs.
If you were interested in attending this type of training, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.
Gain understanding of how the traumatic nature of a death may impact grief and learn how therapeutic opportunities can clear the way for the grieving process.
This workshop has been developed with help from David Trickey Consultant Clinical Psychologist, Anna Freud Centre in London and Cambridge Clinical Psychology Services.
- gain an understanding of what constitutes a traumatic event and how it impacts upon people
- gain an understanding of how the traumatic nature of death may impede grief
- gain an understanding of how therapy and therapeutic opportunities can diminish the traumatic effects, clearing the path for the grieving process
- recognise the role of the family and other adults around children in assisting them to “process” their traumatic experiences
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend?
Suitable for all those whose work involves supporting those traumatically bereaved.
Clyde & Co Offices
The St Botolph Building
£90. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch. We would like to thank Travelers for kindly supporting us by providing the training venue.
Book your place
This course is now fully booked, thank you for your interest.
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
“I had very little knowledge of what constituted a ‘traumatic bereavement’ and how this affects the grief process and how it can link to PTSD. I feel this course has helped me to understand more, particularly the risk factors associated with PTSD.” Children’s’ hospice nurse
You can also keep up-to-date with this event by visiting our facebook event page.
If you are interested in attending this type of training in the future, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.