Understanding traumatic bereavementMarch 4, 2019 10:00 am 04/03/2019
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Gain an understanding of how the traumatic nature of a death may impact grief and learn how therapeutic opportunities can help with the grieving process.
- gain an understanding of what constitutes a traumatic event and how it impacts upon people
- gain an understanding of how the traumatic nature of death may impede grief
- gain an understanding of how therapy and therapeutic opportunities can diminish the traumatic effects, clearing the path for the grieving process
- recognise the role of the family and other adults around children in assisting them to “process” their traumatic experiences
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
David Trickey – Consultant Clinical Psychologist, The Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families
David has extensive clinical experience working with children and families, specialising in complex trauma and traumatic bereavement. He has worked as a clinical psychologist in paediatrics and as a lead consultant psychologist at a number of hospitals and trauma centres nationally.
Who should attend?
Suitable for all those whose work involves supporting those traumatically bereaved.
£99. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch.
The Beethoven Centre
174K Third Avenue
Book your place
We encourage prospective participants to consider their own experience of loss and how it might affect them during training. Generally speaking, our training is not usually suited to anyone who has suffered a recent, significant personal loss or bereavement.
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
“I had very little knowledge of what constituted a ‘traumatic bereavement’ and how this affects the grief process and how it can link to post traumatic stress disorder. I feel this course has helped me to understand more, particularly the risk factors associated with post traumatic stress disorder.” Children’s Hospice Nurse
You can also keep up-to-date with this event by visiting our facebook event page.
Keep in touch
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.