When a twin dies – supporting parents and familiesMay 9, 2018 10:00 am 09/05/2018
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Explore the impact that the death of a twin (or multiple) can have on a family, drawing on current research and learning from the neonatal butterfly project. This workshop will increase and embed the knowledge and understanding of professionals, to ensure a high quality of care and support for parents in the future.
- gain an understanding of what parents may need when they are faced with the death of their twin(or multiple)
- explore and develop self-awareness in relation to loss, grief and bereavement
- recognise physical and emotional reactions to grief
- be aware of current guidelines, research and initiatives around the death of a twin, and baby loss in general
- consider the way we communicate and support families following the death of a twin
- explore and consider ways to support ourselves and our colleagues
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK and other support organisations and resources available
Who should attend?
This is a new workshop for all of those whose work brings them into contact with families grieving the loss of a twin. This workshop is suitable for midwives, neonatal nurses, neonatologists, obstetricians, sonographers, and any healthcare professional working within a delivery suite, maternity or neonatal unit.
Child Bereavement UK
Clare Charity Centre
The ticket price for this workshop has been reduced by 50% to £60, from £120 on remaining places for this day, thanks to generous support from Abigail’s Footsteps. Fees for participants include course materials, a certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch.
Book your place
We encourage prospective participants to consider their own experience of loss and how it might affect them during training. Generally speaking, our training is not usually suited to anyone who has suffered a recent, significant personal loss or bereavement.
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
You can also keep up-to-date with this event by visiting our facebook event page.
Keep in touch
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.