Teenagers and bereavementApril 25, 2017 10:00 am 25/04/2017
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Course fully booked.
To explore the experience of bereaved teenagers and identify ways to provide appropriate support
- explore the world of the teenager and develop a deeper understanding of the struggles teenagers face
- gain an understanding of the theories of loss and mourning in relation to teenagers
- recognise the diverse needs of bereaved teenagers
- explore our own experiences of loss and how it impacts on us when we observe the grief of others
- identify ways to encourage emotional literacy in adolescents
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend?
This training is for all professionals who come into contact with bereaved teenagers in the course of their work, whether in the statutory or voluntary sector.
Child Bereavement UK
Suite 1, Victoria Buildings
£50. This is a reduced price ticket, thanks to the generous funding from Freddie’s Wish towards bursary places. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch.
Book your place
This course date is now full, please contact for us for further information by emailing the Training Department or calling us on 01494 568909.
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.