Supporting parents through pregnancy loss and the death of a babyApril 25, 2019 10:00 am 25/04/2019
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Explore the impact that pregnancy loss and the death of a baby can have on a family looking at up-to-date research and the National Bereavement Care Pathway (2017).
This course is accredited by the Royal College of Midwives (RCM)
- explore and develop self-awareness in relation to loss, grief and bereavement
- recognise physical and emotional reactions to grief
- gain an understanding of what parents may need when they are faced with the death of their baby
- be aware of current guidelines, research and initiatives around baby loss and bereavement support
- be aware of current baby death statistics and data
- relate theories of grief to practices in the workplace
- gain an insight into differing faiths, beliefs and cultures
- explore and experience ways to support ourselves and our colleagues
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK and other support organisations and resources available
Who should attend
This workshop is for those whose work brings them into contact with families grieving the loss of a baby through miscarriage, termination due to fetal anomaly, stillbirth or neonatal death.
Chestnut Tree House Children’s Hospice
£45. The ticket price for this workshop has been reduced by 50% to £45, thanks to the generous support of Clare and Mark Fone, in memory of their son Thomas Henry. We would also like to thank Chestnut Tree House Children’s Hospice for providing the venue for this training day. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch.
Book your place
Please book your place online, or if you wish to pay on invoice, please complete and return our course booking form.
We encourage prospective participants to consider their own experience of loss and how it might affect them during training. Generally speaking, our training is not usually suited to anyone who has suffered a recent, significant personal loss or bereavement.
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
“I really enjoyed this study day. The facilitator has a great amount of knowledge and has inspired me to carry on giving quality care. It really puts your work into perspective. ” Neonatal Nurse
You can also keep up-to-date with this event by visiting our facebook event page.
Keep in touch
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.