Supporting parents through pregnancy loss and the death of a babyApril 18, 2018 9:30 am 18/04/2018
9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Explore the impact that pregnancy loss and the death of a baby can have on a family as outlined in updated guidelines by SANDS and the Royal College of Midwives.
- explore and develop self-awareness in relation to loss, grief and bereavement
- recognise physical and emotional reactions to grief
- gain an understanding of what parents may need when they are faced with the death of their baby
- be aware of current guidelines, research and initiatives around baby loss and bereavement support
- be aware of current baby death statistics and data
- relate theories of grief to practices in the workplace
- gain an insight into differing faiths, beliefs and cultures
- explore and experience ways to support ourselves and our colleagues
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK and other support organisations and resources available
Who should attend
This workshop is for those whose work brings them into contact with families grieving the loss of a baby through miscarriage, termination due to fetal anomaly, stillbirth or neonatal death.
Jurys Inn Aberdeen
The ticket price for this workshop has been reduced by 50% to £45 on remaining places for this day, thanks to generous support from Abigail’s Footsteps. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch.
Book your place
We encourage prospective participants to consider their own experience of loss and how it might affect them during training. Generally speaking, our training is not usually suited to anyone who has suffered a recent, significant personal loss or bereavement.
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
“This was an informative, sensitive and well-delivered workshop.” Course delegate
You can also keep up-to-date with this event by visiting our facebook event page.
Keep in touch
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.