Supporting bereaved children and young people with additional needsNovember 7, 2017 10:00 am 07/11/2017
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
This day is now fully booked, thank you for your interest. We are also running this training course in Cheshire on 20 June 2018, or we can deliver a bespoke training day on this topic in your organisation.
If you were interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend the sessions we have scheduled, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.
Develop confidence and understanding with new skills and resources to appropriately support bereaved children and young people with learning disabilities.
- gain an understanding of the perception of death for a child or a young person with learning difficulties and Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- gain an understanding of theories of loss and mourning in relation to children or young people with learning difficulties and Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- develop greater confidence in providing support and communication about death with children or young people with learning difficulties and Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- identify the importance of, and gain skills in, helping children with learning difficulties and Autistic Spectrum Disorders find ways to express themselves and their feelings
- identify an awareness of our own needs as professional carers and explore ways to support ourselves, and our colleagues
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend?
For all professionals who come into contact with bereaved children and young people in the course of their work, whether in the statutory or voluntary sector.
Irwin Mitchell Offices
150 St Vincent Street
£30. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch. We would like to thank Irwin Mitchell for kindly providing the venue for this training date and for the support from the Scottish Government for this training day.
Book your place
This day is now fully booked, thank you for your interest. We are also running this training course in Buckinghamshire on 5 December 2017 and Cheshire on 20 June 2018, or we can deliver a bespoke training day on this topic in your organisation.
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
“A really good day that alleviated fears and provided me with a greater understanding of Autistic Spectrum Disorder.” Course delegate
You can also keep up-to-date with this event by visiting our facebook event page.