Supervising practitioners working with bereaved familiesApril 18, 2018 10:00 am 18/04/2018
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Develop a greater understanding of the skills needed to supervise practitioners working with bereaved families. The workshop will consider the challenges that supervision can present and provide an opportunity to reflect on experiences.
- provide supervisors with an opportunity to reflect on their experiences of supervising bereavement practitioners
- reflect on the differences between a bereavement practitioner and supervising bereavement work
- think about what a bereavement practitioner needs from supervision
- think about the differences between inexperienced and experienced bereavement practitioners and the challenges for the supervisor
- think about how the supervisor can provide professional, objective, challenging supervision while also recognising the emotional impact of bereavement work on the practitioner and helping them to maintain resilience
- awareness and strategies for the supervisee and supervisor maintaining objectivity
- identifying when a practitioner may need additional support.
Who should attend?
Suitable for anyone who is currently providing supervision in a bereavement setting or for anyone who is considering taking on this role.
Slater Gordon offices
58 Mosely Street
£90. Fees for participants include course materials, a certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch.
Book your place
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
You can also keep up-to-date with this event by visiting our facebook event page.
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.