A sudden and traumatic death in your school community – let’s talk about itNovember 13, 2017 9:30 am 13/11/2017
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
A sudden or traumatic death within the school community can leave staff and pupils shocked and overwhelmed. This conference is designed to help equip education professionals with key support skills and improve confidence when responding to bereavement.
Programme to include:
- Supporting pupils following a sudden and traumatic death
- A traumatic death in the school community – a teacher’s perspective
- Supporting younger pupils to promote emotional and physical wellbeing
- Young people’s mental health and academic resilience
- The impact on a young person when a friend dies
- Support from the school when a child dies – a parent’s perspective
- How we can support schools
Workshop choices include:
Workshop 1 – Sharing ideas for creative activities with bereaved young people
– An opportunity to consider the use of creative activities to engage young people following a bereavement.
Workshop 2 – Responding to a death within the school community – how a bereavement policy can help
– An opportunity to develop and enhance a bereavement policy within your school.
Workshop 3 – Suicide within the school community – the step-by-step approach
– Practical support and guidance to help schools prepare for and recover from a suspected or attempted suicide.
Workshop 4 – Children’s fears in a daunting world
– This workshop will consider the Child Bereavement UK response in empowering practitioners to understand and support the young people in their care.
Workshop 5- Supporting children with autistic spectrum disorders through bereavement
– Understanding death and bereavement on the autistic spectrum.
Workshop 6 – Considering the impact on staff after a death in the school community
– A reflective session to consider ways to support yourself and your peers following a bereavement in your school community.
*programme correct at the time of publication and is subject to change
Who should attend?
This conference is suitable for all education professionals.
Guildford Harbour Hotel
3 Alexandra Terrace
Tickets are now available at a reduced fee of just £49 due to bursary funding. Fees for participants include course materials, a certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch.
We would like to thank Slater Gordon for supporting this conference.
Book your place
For further information, please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
“Truly excellent content and the presentations were so very inspiring, informative and thought-provoking.” 2016 delegate
Keep in touch
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.