A sudden and traumatic death in your school community – let’s talk about itNovember 13, 2017 9:30 am 13/11/2017
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
A sudden or traumatic death within the school community can leave staff and pupils shocked and overwhelmed. This conference is designed to help equip education professionals with key support skills and improve confidence when responding to bereavement.
Programme for the day*
Workshops on the day are expected to be as follows:
1. Sharing ideas for creative activities with bereaved young people
2. Responding to a death within the school – how a bereavement policy can help
3. Suicide within the school community – the step-by-step approach
4. Children’s fears in a daunting world
5. Death and the autistic child
6. Considering the impact on staff after the death in the school community
*programme correct at the time of publication and is subject to change
Who should attend?
This conference is suitable for all education professionals.
Guildford Harbour Hotel
3 Alexandra Terrace
£75. Fees for participants include course materials, a certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch.
Book your place
For further information, please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
Keep in touch
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.