Paediatric post mortem – communicating with bereaved familiesApril 5, 2017 10:00 am 05/04/2017
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
In collaboration with AAPT (Association of Anatomical Pathology Technology)
To provide information and understanding in relation to post mortem examination and develop confidence in sensitive communication with bereaved parents. Supporting HTA Codes of Practice (2009) around consent, donation and post mortem.
- gain knowledge about different types of post mortem examination
- understand what happens at a paediatric post mortem
- increase confidence in talking to bereaved parents about post mortem examination
- explore the issues around retaining tissue
- get a clearer understanding of the need for consent
- update knowledge of current research projects and Human Tissue Authority guidance.
Who should attend?
For professionals whose work involves helping bereaved families around the time of death, including doctors, nurses, midwives, mortuary and pathology staff, police and coroner’s officers and all those working in a bereavement support role within the NHS.
Child Bereavement UK,
Clare Charity Centre,
£120. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch.
Book your place
Please note there is limited availability remaining on this course.
If you would like to book a place, please either:
If it isn’t possible to book online, or you wish to pay on invoice, please see the options below:
- complete and return our course booking form
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.