An introduction to loss, grief and bereavementOctober 11, 2017 10:00 am 11/10/2017
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
This day is now fully booked, thank you for your interest. We are also running this training course in Birmingham on 15 May 2018.
If you are interested in keeping up-to-date with any other training offered by us, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.
Deepen your understanding of bereavement and your skills in bereavement support for parents and children facing loss.
- gain a deeper understanding of loss, grief and bereavement
- gain insight from listening to grieving families’ needs
- appreciate the importance of self-awareness in supporting others
- relate theories of loss to our own and others’ experiences
- identify approaches for telephone, individual and group support
- gain an understanding of the importance of endings and what needs to be considered when ending the supportive relationship
- recognise the importance of looking after ourselves and and identify ways of supporting ourselves
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend?
An introductory workshop suitable for individuals from all professions who would like to develop their knowledge and skills in bereavement.
Child Bereavement UK
Stratford Advice Arcade
107-109 The Grove
Thanks to the support of the Eranda Rothschild Foundation, all remaining places on this course date have been reduced to £60 from £120. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch.
Book your place
This course is now fully booked, thank you for your interest. We are also running this training course in Birmingham on 15 May 2018.
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
“I feel incredibly well informed on a very emotive and wide ranging subject.” Course delegate
You can also keep up-to-date with this event by visiting our facebook event page.
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.