Grief and bereavement in schoolsMarch 8, 2018 10:00 am 08/03/2018
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- develop an understanding of the impact of loss and grief on children and young people’s physical and emotional health, including their learning
- gain insight into children and young people’s reactions to loss and grief and how a school might respond in order to meet the needs of grieving pupils
- acquire ideas for pastoral support appropriate for a primary or secondary school environment
- devise a framework for an appropriate response to death enabling you to write your own bereavement policy
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Each school attending this scheduled workshop will receive a copy of our schools information pack – ‘Supporting bereaved children and young people in school’, which is also available to purchase at £5.00 per pack.
Who should attend?
Suitable for anyone who works in a primary or secondary school, including teachers, head teachers, learning mentors, school nurses, other support staff and governors.
Child Bereavement UK
Suite 1 Victoria Buildings
£120. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch.
Book your place
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
“This course has given me the confidence to offer bereaved children and families support and guidance. Great course, very informative.” Teaching assistant
You can also keep up-to-date with this event by visiting our facebook event page.
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.