Working with children and young people in fractured familiesMarch 15, 2018 10:00 am 15/03/2018
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
This day is now fully booked, thank you for your interest. We are also running this training course in Middlesbrough on 26 June 2018, or we can deliver a bespoke training day on this topic in your organisation, we do add other dates to our calendar so if you would like us to keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our training, special events and conferences, please sign-up online.
Develop your practical skills to work with bereaved children and young people in separated or fractured families.
- gain further understanding of how children and young people grieve
- understand the impact of family breakdown as a result of death or sudden death
- explore therapeutic approaches in bereavement and separated or fractured family systems
- consider ways of supporting children who move into temporary or permanent care
- explore how to communicate in a multi-agency framework and promote joint working
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend?
Suitable for all professionals who work with and/or offer therapeutic services to bereaved children and young people in the course of their work, whether in the statutory or voluntary sector.
Irwin Mitchell Offices
150 St Vincent Street
£30. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch. We would like to thank Irwin Mitchell for kindly providing the venue for this training day and the Scottish Government for supporting this training day.
Book your place
Thank you for your interest, this day is now fully booked. We are also running this training course in Middlesbrough on 26 June 2018, or we can deliver a bespoke training day on this topic in your organisation.
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
“The day has enabled me to work with more empathy and understanding of the difficulties facing fractured families.” Course delegate
You can also keep up-to-date with this event by visiting our facebook event page.
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.