Facilitating groupsOctober 17, 2018 10:00 am 17/10/2018 - 18/10/2018
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
This two-day non-residential course aims to provide participants with an in-depth understanding of the facilitation process, with the skills needed to facilitate groups and to provide constructive feedback.
The course is highly experiential, with the second day focusing on the particular dynamics of dealing with grief and bereavement and the loss of a baby or child.
Ann Chalmers, MBACP, Chief Executive, Child Bereavement UK
Barry Lyonette, Training facilitator and Former Bereavement Services Team Lead, Child Bereavement UK
- enhance participants’ knowledge of the role of the facilitator and the distinction between training and facilitation
- recognise how to give and receive constructive feedback
- identify what is meant by group dynamics and the skills required for effective facilitation
- have experience of facilitating a small group
- recognise the particular issues arising when facilitating a group looking at loss and grief
- identify your own particular behavior patterns in group situations and to recognise how this may impact on facilitation style
- recognise the importance of self support and explore and experience ways to support ourselves and our colleagues
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK and other support organisations, and resources available.
Who should attend?
Suitable for anyone involved in leading groups of any size around bereavement, whether professional, educational, parent support groups or for professional training and development.
Slater Gordon Offices
2 Cornwall Street
4th Floor, Cornerblock
£225. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch. We would like to thank Slater and Gordon for kindly supplying the venue for these training days.
Day 1 – 10.00am – 5.00pm (registration from 9.30am)
Day 2 – 10.00am – 4.00pm (registration from 9.30am)
Book your place
We encourage prospective participants to consider their own experience of loss and how it might affect them during training. Generally speaking, our training is not usually suited to anyone who has suffered a recent, significant personal loss or bereavement.
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
“Hearing from other participants and their experiences of facilitating groups was useful as well as the facilitator of the workshop covering different aspects including self-awareness and possible challenges. I enjoyed the practical aspect and getting a chance to facilitate and feedback.” Psychologist
You can also keep up-to-date with this event by visiting our facebook event page.
Keep in touch
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.