Creative ways of working with bereaved childrenOctober 25, 2018 10:00 am 25/10/2018
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Explore creative ways of helping children express themselves and communicate when someone important in their life is dying or has died.
- identify the importance of helping children find ways to express themselves and their feelings
- explore and develop self-awareness and support for ourselves
- gain an understanding of the theories of loss and grief in relation to children
- experience creative ways of helping children and families
- learn from others on the workshop, sharing examples of their work
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend?
This day is suitable for all those whose work or volunteering includes contact with families where children are bereaved in the social services, education, health or voluntary sector. Prior to attending, participants should have foundation level of knowledge around grief and loss with some experience.
Clyde Room, Hamilton Townhouse
102 Cadzow Street
£55. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch. We would like to thank the Scottish Government for supporting this training day.
Book your place
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
“This is the best course I have been on! It’s made me feel confident with how to deal with a child with bereavement, and think about my practice. It’s given me lots of ideas to pass on to help support him, while giving me ideas of what to do in class.” Class teacher – Year 4
You can also keep up-to-date with this event by visiting our facebook event page.
Keep in touch
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.