Considering the impact on healthcare professionals when a child diesSeptember 20, 2019 10:00 am 20/09/2019
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- explore and develop self-awareness in relation to loss, grief and bereavement
- update on child death statistics and data
- recognise physical and emotional reactions to grief
- consider what could be put in place for you to feel better supported
- consider ways of taking care of yourself
- take part in a group reflective practice session
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend?
This workshop is for all health professionals whose work brings them into contact with families who are grieving after the death of a child or who may be facing the death of a child.
Chestnut Tree House Children’s Hospice
Sussex, BN18 9PX
£90. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch.
Book your place
We encourage prospective participants to consider their own experience of loss and how it might affect them during training. Generally speaking, our training is not usually suited to anyone who has suffered a recent, significant personal loss or bereavement.
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
“It was amazing to be around like minded people who are passionate about caring for bereaved families in a ‘real’ yet compassionate and professional way. I will take back lots of helpful information.” Nurse
You can also keep up-to-date with this event by visiting our facebook event page.
Keep in touch
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.