Communicating with families when children have a life-limiting condition and complex needsOctober 4, 2018 10:00 am 04/10/2018
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- gain a deeper understanding of the issues faced by families from the point of diagnosis
- recognise when and how loss is experienced by families where there is a child or young person with complex health needs/disabilities
- identify how to support families anticipating and experiencing loss
- ability to manage challenging conversations
- explore and develop a self awareness of the challenges of the work and the importance of care of self
- find out more about Child Bereavement UK and other resources.
Who should attend?
Suitable for professionals based in the community or in a hospital setting.
£90. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch. We would like to thank Unum for kindly providing the venue for this training day.
Book your place
We encourage prospective participants to consider their own experience of loss and how it might affect them during training. Generally speaking, our training is not usually suited to anyone who has suffered a recent, significant personal loss or bereavement.
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
“I feel better equipped for handling difficult conversations – both with adults, and with children.” Course delegate
You can also keep up-to-date with this event by visiting our facebook event page.
Keep in touch
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.