Children and young people – loss, death and griefNovember 14, 2018 10:00 am 14/11/2018
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Enhance your understanding of grieving children and young people, whilst building your confidence in communicating with them.
- gain understanding of a child’s perception of death
- gain an understanding of the theory of loss and mourning in relation to children and young people
- identify an awareness of our own needs as professional carers and explore ways to support ourselves and our colleagues
- recognise the diverse needs of bereaved children and young people, and the importance of advocacy
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend?
This day is for all professionals who come into contact with bereaved children and young people in the course of their work, whether in the statutory or voluntary sector.
£90. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch. We would like to thank Unum for kindly providing the training venue for the day.
Book your place
We encourage prospective participants to consider their own experience of loss and how it might affect them during training. Generally speaking, our training is not usually suited to anyone who has suffered a recent, significant personal loss or bereavement.
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
“I have much greater knowledge on a child’s emotional states/reactions. The support strategies for each developmental stage was really helpful.” SENCO Assistant
You can also keep up-to-date with this event by visiting our facebook event page.
Keep in touch
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.