When a child dies – supporting parents and family membersMarch 14, 2017 10:00 am 14/03/2017
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Course fully booked.
A multi-disciplinary workshop to provide an opportunity for participants to explore the impact of the death of a child on the family and on us as professionals.
- explore and develop self-awareness in relation to loss
- recognise physical and emotional reactions to loss
- identify the potential impact on a couple’s relationship
- explore women’s and men’s behaviours in grief
- gain an understanding of how to enhance the care and support offered to all members of the grieving family,
- including siblings and grandparents
- relate theories of grief to practices in the workplace
- explore and experience ways to support ourselves and our colleagues
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend?
For all those whose work brings them into contact with families grieving the death of their child.
Child Bereavement UK
Suite 1, Victoria Buildings
£50. This is a reduced price ticket, thanks to the generous funding from Freddie’s Wish towards bursary places. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch.
Book your place
This course date is now full, for further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.