Bereavement by suicide – supporting children, young people and familiesApril 11, 2019 10:00 am 11/04/2019
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- increase awareness of the particular complications of this type of loss
- develop greater confidence in providing support and communicating with families and children
- gain information regarding suicide facts and the myths and gain a better understanding of those more at risk of attempting suicide
- increase awareness of the effect on us when working with those bereaved by suicide
- explore and develop our self-awareness and support for ourselves
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend
This session is suitable for anyone whose work involves supporting those who have experienced this traumatic type of bereavement.
St Botolph Building
£90. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch. We would like to thank Clyde&Co for kindly providing the venue for this training date.
Book your place
We encourage prospective participants to consider their own experience of loss and how it might affect them during training. Generally speaking, our training is not usually suited to anyone who has suffered a recent, significant personal loss or bereavement.
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
“This will help embed my learning and understanding about the challenges and impact of suicide.” Support worker
You can also keep up-to-date with this event by visiting our facebook event page.
Keep in touch
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.