An introduction to loss, grief and bereavementJanuary 31, 2019 10:00 am 31/01/2019
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Deepen your understanding of bereavement and your skills in bereavement support for parents and children facing loss.
- gain a deeper understanding of loss, grief and bereavement
- gain insight from listening to grieving families’ needs
- appreciate the importance of self-awareness in supporting others
- relate theories of loss to our own and others’ experiences
- identify approaches for telephone, individual and group support
- gain an understanding of the importance of endings and what needs to be considered when ending the supportive relationship
- recognise the importance of looking after ourselves and and identify ways of supporting ourselves
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend?
An introductory workshop suitable for individuals from all professions who would like to develop their knowledge and skills in bereavement.
Slater and Gordon offices
58 Mosley Street
£90. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch. We would like to thank Slater Gordon for providing the venue for this training day.
Book your place
We encourage prospective participants to consider their own experience of loss and how it might affect them during training. Generally speaking, our training is not usually suited to anyone who has suffered a recent, significant personal loss or bereavement.
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
“I feel incredibly well informed on a very emotive and wide ranging subject.” Course delegate
You can also keep up-to-date with this event by visiting our facebook event page.
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.