We offer a broad range of information and guidance to organisations in the statutory, voluntary and corporate sectors on all aspect of bereavement, including:
- The establishment of bereavement support posts and the development of bereavement services
- Information on developing a bereavement strategy within schools, or bereavement care pathway within hospitals and children’s palliative care service
- Guidance in support for bereaved children and young people
- Helping organisations work with bereaved families to inform service development
- Guidance on how to help staff on the return to work of a bereaved colleague
- Managing bereavement in the acute settings of A&E and ITU
- Supporting staff in any sector who encounter grief and loss in the course of their work
Emotional Support and Supervision
We are able to offer a flexible support service, depending on the needs of staff, including:
- Guidance on how to manage and support staff through change and transitions
- A ‘one-off’ support or reflective session
- Planned regular structured or unstructured sessions, for any size group, spread throughout the year
- Regular 1:1 or small group structured booked supervision session either face to face or via telephone
For more information and to discuss further please call 01494 568907, or email Training.
“I just wanted to say a huge thank you for yesterday. The day was fantastic from start to finish and I can’t over emphasise the impact it has had!
Our flip chart is now full of ideas all informed by the consultation, the discussions focused our vision. I’m so fortunate anyway to work with such an enthusiastic team but the team I came into this morning were even happier, more confident and raring to go!
They felt that listening to the wealth of experience and knowledge that the CBUK team bring but also learning that a large charity had to grow and learn along the way was invaluable”
Claire Taylorn Star Bereavement Support, Wakefield