Explore creative ways of helping children express themselves and communicate when someone important in their life is dying or has died.
- identify the importance of helping children find ways to express themselves and their feelings
- explore and develop self-awareness and support for ourselves
- gain an understanding of the theories of loss and grief in relation to children
- experience creative ways of helping children and families
- learn from others on the workshop, sharing examples of their work
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend?
This day is suitable for all those whose work or volunteering includes contact with families where children are bereaved in the social services, education, health or voluntary sector. Prior to attending, participants should have foundation level of knowledge around grief and loss with some experience.
The course has increased my self-confidence and I’ve gained some fabulous new ideas and tools to work with. Course delegate.
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.