Enhance your understanding of grieving children and young people, whilst building your confidence in communicating with them.
- gain understanding of a child’s perception of death
- gain an understanding of the theory of loss and mourning in relation to children and young people
- identify an awareness of our own needs as professional carers and explore ways to support ourselves and our colleagues
- recognise the diverse needs of bereaved children and young people, and the importance of advocacy
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend?
This day is for all professionals who come into contact with bereaved children and young people in the course of their work, whether in the statutory or voluntary sector (originally devised with support from The Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fund).
“It is going to give me the ability to bring our bereavement service forward, and the confidence to begin hands on work with the children”. Course attendee
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.