- identify the ways in which we communicate and the impact of our communication in both the short and long term
- explore the feelings of loss and grief often experienced by parents of a premature or sick baby
- consider the moral and ethical dilemmas we are often faced with when working in an intensive care setting
- reflect on the impact of this work on us, the professional carer
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend
This workshop will look at the neonatal experience from the perspective of a parent and a professional. It is suitable for all neonatal nurses, doctors and other healthcare staff working in a neonatal unit. This may also be appropriate for those working on delivery and post natal units.
“This course should be essential for all working with neonates.” Course delegate
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.