- A parent of children under 18 dies every 22 minutes in the UK; around 23,600 a year. This equates to around 111 children being bereaved of a parent every day
- 1 in 29 schoolchildren has been bereaved of a parent or sibling – that’s a child in every class
- Each year, around 6000 families are bereaved by suicide
- 10,061 babies, children and young people (under the age of 25) died in the UK in 2016 – that’s 28 every day
- In 2016, 3430 babies were stillborn – that’s more than 9 babies every day
Child Bereavement UK conducted an Omnibus Survey in 2016. All figures, unless otherwise stated, are from YouGov Plc. Total sample size was 2036 adults. Fieldwork was undertaken between 29th – 30th June 2016. The survey was carried out online. The figures have been weighted and are representative of all GB adults (aged 18+).