Child Bereavement UK supports families and educates professionals when a baby or child of any age dies or is dying, or when a child is facing bereavement. Every year we train more than 9000 professionals, helping them to better understand and meet the needs of grieving families.
2017 Impact Report
Vision & Mission
Our vision is for all families to have the support they need to rebuild their lives, when a child grieves or when a child dies.
Our mission is to ensure the accessibility of high quality child bereavement support and information to all families and professionals by increasing our reach and plugging the gaps that exist in bereavement support and training across the country and embedding standards in the sector.
We provide confidential support, information and guidance to families and professionals. Our professionally trained bereavement support practitioners are available to take calls 9am-5pm Monday-Friday. Tel: 0800 02 888 40
Our support team can also be contacted by email at: email@example.com
Bereavement support for families
We provide face-to-face support at a growing number of locations across the country including:
- Individual, couple and family support sessions
- Parents’ support groups for baby and child death and support through a subsequent pregnancy
- Family Support Groups for children aged 4-12 to attend with adult carers
- A Young People’s Advisory Group (YPAG) for bereaved young people up to age 25
We also offer consultancy and bespoke solutions for organisations looking to address specific local needs.
Training for professionals
We operate an established training, consultancy and staff support service, providing:
- Workshops, courses and conferences covering a breadth of subjects, both at our dedicated charity centre in Buckinghamshire and at venues across the country
- Tailor-made workshops, devised by our experienced facilitators to meet an organisation’s specific needs
- Comprehensive course materials
- Certificates of attendance for Continuing Professional Development (all our training is CPD certified)
- Consultancy / supervision offering information and guidance to organisations in the statutory, voluntary and corporate sectors
Tel: 01494 568908 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Support and training for schools
We provide specialised training, resources and information for schools and have a dedicated For schools section on our website. We also run an awareness campaign for schools: www.elephantsteaparty.co.uk
Publications and resources
We provide books, DVDs and workbooks for bereaved families, which have been developed with their input, and for professionals. Many of our resources have received British Medical Association recognition for educational merit.