Gain a deeper understanding of families’ needs and the difficulties they may face from diagnosis onwards. This training supports Department of Health and Together for Short Lives guidelines.
- gain a deeper understanding of families’ needs
- identify general family pressures, enabling professionals to facilitate focused support services
- gain an understanding of parents’ responses to loss and grief before and after their child’s death
- explore and develop our self-awareness and support for ourselves
- identify the role of a ‘key worker’ in view of National Service Framework recommendations
- become familiar with useful tools to aid communication between service providers and families
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend?
Suitable for professionals based in the community or in a hospital setting.
I feel better equipped for handling difficult conversations – both with adults, and with children. Course delegate.
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online.